IDA’s Young Leader’s Program (YLP) is open to all IDA members 35 years of age or younger. Its mission is to create opportunities for emerging leaders in desalination to connect, advance their careers and promote interest in desalination around the world.
The goals of the YLP are to:
- Promote desalination as a career choice
- Help promote opportunities in the industry
- Support career advancement
- Provide a forum for communication and exchange of ideas among young professionals and the industry at large
This is accomplished by:
- Assisting younger professionals to develop their knowledge and skills
- Finding fair ways to reward younger industry professionals for outstanding work
- Creating a new “resource pool” of young desalination professionals
- Promoting IDA membership benefits among young undergraduates, engineers, scientists and water industry professionals
Membership in IDA connects you with more than 3,000 of the world’s leaders in desalination, bringing you unparalleled opportunities to network and advance your professional knowledge. Benefits include discounts on registration for the IDA World Congress and other programs; complimentary subscriptions to IDA News, D&WR Quarterly Magazine which includes a special annual publication called D&WR Source Directory featuring a listing of manufacturers, end-users, services and products; yearly edition of the IDA Yearbook; subscription to the IDA Journal on Desalination and Water Reuse; eligibility for special educational programs, bookstore discounts, plus access to a wealth of other member-only information. IDA offers memberships for corporations and individuals, as well as special rates for full-time students.
There are no additional costs to be a member of the Young Leaders Program. As stated in the YLP Activities and Benefits, the YLP is open to any IDA member 35 years of age or younger. To find out more about IDA and the YLP, please contact email@example.com.
To apply for membership now, click here.